Sunday, February 21, 2010

Numero Uno

That's "number one" for all of you non-spanish speakers out there. Number one, indicating that this is the first post on my new blog, well our new blog (mine and Dustin's). Even though I will do most of the posting, and even though it looks quite feminine, and even though I will take most of the pictures...hmm maybe it's more like my perspective on our lives. Either way, here goes.

I'm sitting here eating a bowl of Cheerios because:
1. I just looked at the clock, realized it's 10:00pm, realized I never ate dinner, and realized my stomach was growling ferociously.
AND
2. Because I am a horrible wife and never made any dinner for us.
What is it about Sunday nights that causes me to never want to make dinner? Is it because I know I have to go back to work in the morning and I want to exert as little energy as possible before the tiring week begins again? Or is it because growing up Sundays were always, "find your own dinner 'cause I'm not cooking " nights? It's probably the latter, because the older I get the more I find myself doing things exactly the way my parents did. And it continually creeps me out. Not is a bad way, but more like in a, "Wow, I never thought I would be so much like my parents way". For instance, Dustin says I stand exactly like my mom in the kitchen when I'm cooking at the stove. With one leg slightly turned to the side, and my heel propped up on the other foot. Also, on Saturday nights I am always wanting to grill hamburgers and have them with fried potatoes, my Old Man's specialty. (Also, I've never called him my "old man" before) Then there are all the things I am always tellling Dustin, the things I had drilled into me by my mom, and now feel the need to drill into him. "Hang up the bath mat when you're done!", "Don't wipe up the spill with that towel, that's my clean drying towel!", or "Please don't put the suitcase or your computer bag on the bed or the table...you never know what sort of nasty is on the bottom of those!" Who knew I even cared about these sort of things? I sure didn't. I suppose that's what happens when you age, and as a quickly aging 26 year old I feel compelled to reflect on the ways that I am turning into my parents. [Insert sarcasm into the quickly aging/feeling old comment. I wouldn't want to offend any of my senior citizen readers.] There are many more ways in which I am becoming like my parents, but just to make clear, I am really not complaining. I love my parents and feel extremely blessed to be their daughter. It's just a little eerie when you start turning into them.

Man, all that randomness from a bowl of Cheerios.

Dustin has been studying Hebrew for the past few hours, and I think he is starting to grow some side curls now that he's been at it so long. (If you've seen his hair lately you'll know what I mean.) I'll have to post an updated picture of him so you can see. I looked at some our wedding pictures and his hair is so short in them compared to now I told him, "I don't even know who that man is". It's amazing what a little hair will do.

Last thing before I go to bed...
Dustin surprised me with a new camera!! We haven't had one since October (which often made my bottom lip stick out in sadness) when the brand new camera that was given to us was either lost or stolen. But the other day a package came in the mail, and when Dustin had me open it I was completely surprised. So now I can take as many pictures as my little heart desires, and in turn...post them in here! Yay!! You should all be cheering now. Out loud. Go on. Just say a little "Hooray!" at least. Ok, I trust that you have now sufficiently cheered and celebrated with me. I'll leave you with one image as a teaser. Although I'm not sure what I'm teasing you about. Just enjoy.

 
 What I did today...lot's of laundry.
 
                                                                  Dustin studying.

1 comment:

  1. haha I was just thinking the other day that I sound like Mama because I get on to Mike for using the kitchen scissors for everything! Maybe I'll be more inspired to update my blog since you have one too! Glad you finally got a camera- what kind did you get?

    ReplyDelete